Would you like your child/children to be confident, resilient and know just how brilliant they are? Or would you like to be able to teach the children in your life, be they yours, those of friends or family or those with whom you work, to harness their inner calm? Then I can help you.
My name is Tara Russo and I help children and young people to shine, feel happier, have greater confidence, be more resilient, more confident and more focused by teaching them mindful techniques to help them cope with the stresses and strains of modern life. And a happy, contented child = a happy, contented parent/carer/teacher.
I am a Connected Kids™ trainer, have 25+ years of experience as a teacher, and use mindfulness and meditation to enable children and young people to enter a state of wakeful and relaxed attention known as the Alpha state. I hold 1-2-1 sessions in person and online which are tailored to the individual needs of your child, group sessions and create bespoke programs for schools, groups and associations. I also train adults to teach children how to enter the Alpha state. For more details of adult training workshops click here
Worried about a child or group of children?
Let me present some benefits of meditation and mindfulness for children and young people.
Both meditation and mindfulness:
- encourage longer and improved sleep
- encourage positivity – teaching children to let go of negative thoughts and process negative emotions so that they can face normal aspects of life more easily, eg studying or sitting exams without being overwhelmed by fear and anxiety
- build self-esteem – children know that whatever is going on around them they can choose themselves how they react on the inside. They are more aware of those choices and responses and with this comes empowerment. They can be more confident about their ability to respond positively to situations they find stressful and modify their behaviour accordingly.
- build resilience – children and young people have more of an ‘I can’ approach to difficulties because they have more confidence to deal with frustration in a positive way.
- aid relaxation
- improve focus and attention
- help to alleviate physical symptoms of stress e.g. tummy upsets.
So, do the child or group of children in question experience
- anger issues?
- difficulties sleeping?
- stomach pains?
- self harming?
- difficulties in maintaining focus?
- behavioural problems?
Then I am able to help you.
What is mindfulness?
Mindful activities include breathing techniques, basic yoga, mindfulness meditation to aid relaxation, visualisation, mindful colouring and mindful listening.
What does being ‘mindful’ mean?
Mindfulness simply means being present in the ‘here and now’ in our thoughts; with practice we can improve our ability to focus on the current moment without interference from overwhelming fears about the future and memories of negative events in our lives.
Mindful activities do not act as a magic wand that removes difficulties from our lives but help us to deal with negative emotions such as anger, fear, resentment and jealousy without repressing or denying them. It is the fighting and repressing of such uncomfortable feelings that causes problems such as destructive and attention seeking behaviour, self-harm and eating disorders which are prevalent amongst our young people.
Parents/carers, schools and other organisations, please do not hesitate to get in touch if you feel I could help. Click here for contact.
BA (Hons) University of Salford
P.G.C.E University of Bristol
Connected Kids™ Tutor
ICO no: ZA389974