Train to become a Certified Professional Kids Meditation Teacher
Full professional training (foundation level + pro upgrade) is £894.
Pro upgrade (for those having already completed the foundation level in the last 12 months) is £695.
2022 dates – online classroom
Each session will start at 9.30am (UTC +1)
FULL PROFESSIONAL COURSE – £894
Saturday May 28 & Sunday May 29 (each session 3 hours approx.)
Saturdays: June 18, July 9, July 30 (each session 2 1/2 hours approx.)
PRO UPGRADE – £695
Saturday June 18, July 9, July 30 (each session 2 1/2 hours approx.)
Payment plan: see details below
This certified online professional kids’ meditation teacher course offers you the opportunity to study at a time to suit your schedule – using informative videos, mindful activity recordings and includes reading material offline. It includes expert tips and ideas for working with autism, ADHD and reducing anxiety using mindfulness. Access to a printer is needed as resources are sent via email.
You’ll advance your skill set via our online training to learn how to teach mindful techniques that also work well with kids/teens who have special educational needs or challenging behaviour through trauma (SEN).
The online modules have been created by Founder of Connected Kids™, Lorraine E Murray (with over 30 years’ experience) and the direct, live online training will be delivered by me, Tara Russo, Connected Kids™ trainer and founder of Wellbeing For Kids UK. You will have the benefit of two experts guiding your learning in how to develop a meditation toolkit that is perfect for teaching professionally – with children and teens of all abilities. We are excited to announce that as of October 2020 Connected Kids™ courses are accredited to IMMA – the International Mindfulness and Meditation Alliance
You will learn how to help children and teens reduce stress, anxiety and develop their self-regulation and emotional resilience skills using mindful activities
The Certified Online Professional Kids Meditation Teacher Course includes:
- Self-directed study – 8 professional level modules packed with all Lorraine Murray’s experience, research and tips.
- Direct training – attend live, online classrooms with me, Connected Kids Trainer™ Tara Russo and founder of Wellbeing For Kids UK, and other students (small groups). The initial foundation level section will be covered by 2 closely spaced direct live online sessions with Tara. There will be 3 further online sessions with Tara, at monthly intervals, to complete the professional level part of the training. These are to support the self-directed study modules and add extra content.
- Assessment– gain practical experience through completion of a comprehensive assessment to attain the Connected Kids™ Tutor certificate
- You will receive a copy of Lorraine E. Murray’s Connected Kids book, access to additional online support and an invitation to join the large private Facebook group whose members offer a wealth of support and expertise.
Professional Training syllabus
- Understand how stress affects the mind, body and emotions
- Discover the practical benefits of mindfulness for children and teens learning meditation.
- Understand how meditation helps reduce stress for toddlers to teens
- Understand what meditation is and the most appropriate levels of meditation to use with different ages of children/teens
- Develop your own meditation practice to and how it helps you to teach meditation and mindfulness
- Learn how to produce bespoke meditations for children
- Learn how to improve your delivery of meditations for children
- Discover how meditation and mindfulness can help children with ADHD or autism or other special needs.
- Explore a wide range of mindfulness and meditation techniques and apply these to accommodate different abilities/needs in children/teens.
- Learn how to set up a meditation programme for teaching children professionally
- Learn how to teach children meditation who have ADHD, on the Autistic spectrum or have additional support needs.
- Learn how to support the families of those with children with special needs
- Develop a ‘meditation toolkit’ that can structure bespoke sessions (mandalas, mudras, labyrinths, crystals/stones, colour, day-to-day objects)
- Learn how to work more intuitively with a heartfelt practice
- tips for teaching kids/teens who don’t want to learn meditation!
- Understand the energy centres and the role they play when teaching meditation
- Learn about which mindful activities are safe to use with different needs.
- Understand how to help young people process strong reactions to meditation
The certified online professional kids meditation teachers training offers 33 hours of online material and provides you with a detailed and interactive experience if your passion is to become a successful, professional kids’ meditation teacher:
First you will complete the foundation level training (the first part of the professional level training) directly with me, Tara Russo, founder of Wellbeing For Kids UK and Connected Kids™ trainer, in the online classroom. This comprises 2 sessions, each lasting 3 hours approx. There will be at least one break in each session. Then you will progress to the self-study online modules, created by Connected Kids™ founder, Lorraine E. Murray, and have 3 further meetings with me, Tara, in the online classroom, at regular intervals.
- Module 1 – your ‘peace pioneer’ skills – helping you work with the challenges of teaching meditation to kids on a professional basis.
- Module 2 – developing energy awareness to teach meditation to ensure that you and the children you teach benefit from your skills while accommodating contraindications.
- Module 3 – teaching with the intuitive heart to deliver meditations with compassion and understanding of the child’s needs.
- Module 4 – child development and special needs – our speciality! What we love to teach.
- Module 5 – enhancing your teaching meditation skills – stretching your abilities so you can realise your true potential.
- Module 6 – developing your teaching mindfulness toolkit to ensure you can reach children of all ages and abilities.
- Module 7 – teaching advanced, mindful activity tools for children with challenging behaviours/trauma.
- Module 8 – developing bespoke meditation programmes to meet the needs of your organisation or community.
- access to the online classroom with me, Connected™ Kids trainer, Tara Russo, to secure your certification and ask the expert
Training costs – kids’ meditation teacher
The cost of the professional training is £894. Payment is by bank transfer only. You will receive those details when you sign up.
Payment plan – want to spread the cost of training? A payment plan is available with an initial deposit of £350 then a further two payments payable at monthly intervals. *NB you will not receive feedback on your case studies and assessment nor will you receive your certificate if you have not paid the full balance by the end of the three direct live professional online sessions. The deposit usually needs to be received at least 3 weeks before the course starts. Groups are very small so early booking is advised to avoid disappointment. To book see the course dates section at the top of the page.
What if I have already completed the Foundation Level? To upgrade to professional level (pro upgrade) you will attend the pro upgrade 3 direct live learning online classroom sessions, which last about 2 to 2 1/2 hours approx. and complete the online modules and coursework. The cost of the foundation level (£199) will be deducted from the total cost of the professional level course, current price £695. The booking form, has an option to book the upgrade only. The upgrade deposit needs to be paid 28 days before the first direct live learning online classroom session. This is to allow us the time to register you onto the system, send you out the course book and for you to complete the modules to be discussed. To book see the course dates section at the top of the page.
Certification -What does it involve?
- To receive Connected Kids Tutor certification, you will have the opportunity to attend live, online classroom sessions with Connected Kids™ Trainer and founder of Wellbeing For Kids UK, Tara Russo
- Group size will be small to ensure there is a good teacher to student ratio.
- The live classroom will be at specific times. **You must commit to attend at these times**
- There will be some prep work for the online classroom
- You’ll be asked to complete assessment work; designed to support your practical skills and mentor you through your teaching practice. These include
- case studies (5 x group and 5 x 1-2-1 sessions),
- audio/video recording of delivering a meditation to children,
- **police/disclosure check
- written test.
**Disclosure/criminal record checks (or equivalent); we require a copy of a basic disclosure check (or equivalent in your country, officially translated into English, if need be) to confirm that you have a clear history with no criminal charges at the time your disclosure certificate was issued (date valid within 18 months of the last online classroom of the Connected Kids training). Please ensure this copy is sent as an individual document because we destroy it once seen. We do not keep it in our records.